Monday, December 5, 2011

Ninja with a cause or causes

I surfed on over to the G-PACT facebook page today (G-PACT - Gastroparesis Patient Association for Cures and Treatment) to see what was going on there. I saw they shared a link to an article about feeding pumps and IV pumps. I clicked it and it directed me to Complex Child E-magazine. Complex Child is a monthly online magazine written by parents of children with special healthcare needs and disabilities. After I skimmed the article I took a look around the website and thought what a wonderful resource for parents. Personally, I nor do my children need a feeding pump or IV pump. We are extremely fortunate.  There are many who do.
Mondays I like to make a conscious effort to remember how lucky and fortunate I am. I remember how many people have to deal with diseases like Gastroparesis. Obscure and not very well known to the general public. Some diseases people will never hear of if no one they know is effected. The more rare the disease I would assume the harder it would be to get funds for research. Life can be stressful especially at the holidays but I can't imagine how much more stressful it is if you were ill or your child or someone you loved.
Tis the season of giving. Make sure you give a little more to a cause that is close to your heart.
There are so many causes to choose from, unfortunately.

Be giving.

http://www.complexchild.com/

https://www.facebook.com/GPACT

No comments:

Post a Comment