Thursday, November 17, 2011

WWND

Have you ever taken on a big project, fully knowing you were not quite qualified or lacked experienced. Be it at work or home. Create something, build something, fix something. It does not matter what it is but you decided in your head I can do this. I know it will be difficult but I can do this.
Well me too!
I am at the point in the project where you say what the (bleep) was I thinking!
Unfortunately or fortunately I am at the point of no turning back. I guess there is always a choice to give up even when a great amount of the project is completed.

My mind wanders to a ninja infiltrating a village of evil doers. When deep within the compound the ninja realizes there are a great more enemies in the encampment than he was informed. He surrounded by minions of evil. The battle already has been a struggle. Every time the ninja feels completion is at hand it is only an illusion. More  obstacles present themselves again and again. Mission still incomplete. I wonder if the ninja's thinking What the (bleep) was I thinking?

Nah. Ninja is thinking how to complete the mission still, even though the tough mission was a great deal more difficult than expected. Ninjas never quit.
As for me and my project, I haven't quit but I dare say it has crossed my mind. Sometimes in my head I am jumping up and down and pulling out my hair, screaming. (so not ninja ) But I keep going. I have a mission and it needs to be completed.
So when I get frustrated I think, What Would Ninja Do?
And from time to time I sing those famous words of Dory the fish in Finding Nemo.
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming

Keep Swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment