Monday, November 28, 2011

"Ninja" Illnesses


There are so many “Ninja” diseases out there. I called them “Ninja” diseases because they are in the shadows. You don't hear about them. Someone could have a disease and you could have no idea they are ill cause there is no visible signs. I am 45 years old and I am not aware of so many illness in the world.
Over a year ago someone told me they had scleroderma. My first thought was what heck is that? My second thought was how the heck do you spell it?
Have you heard of it?
If not, here is the definition I got it from the Mayo Clinic website.
(I copied and pasted it. I didn't want to get it wrong.)

Scleroderma (skleer-oh-DUR-muh) is a group of rare, progressive diseases that involve the hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues — the fibers that provide the framework and support for your body.Localized scleroderma affects only the skin. Systemic scleroderma also harms internal organs, such as the heart, lungs, kidneys and digestive tract. Scleroderma can happen to anyone at any time in any geographical area. However, the disease affects women more often than men and most commonly occurs between the ages of 30 and 50. Scleroderma can run in families, but in most cases it occurs without any known family tendency for the disease. Scleroderma isn't considered contagious, but it can greatly affect self-esteem and the ability to accomplish everyday tasks.
 So click below and become a little more aware today.

http://www.scleroderma.org/
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/scleroderma/DS00362


No comments:

Post a Comment